Monday, March 15, 2010

I had a fight with cake balls and they won!!

Okay, so the other day I said I was going to start baking cakes, and cupcakes. I saw another blog where the girl made cake balls and cake pops for all kinds of occasions. They were so cute. I tried to make them today with red velvet cake, buttercream icing and chocolate candy melts. They were so much harder to make than I expected! I had red velvet cake all over me, and here is what they looked like.....



This one isnt so bad.




These look horrible

Now, here is what they should look like....



How'd she get them to look so great! Check out the Bakerella blog for more ideas.


But trust me, I will keep trying to make these. I am determined to figure it out!!!

2 comments:

  1. I concur - I tried them for valentines with red velvet and white almond bark. My hands were stained red and they were all wanky like yours! I think the key is freezing the dough (frequently) and perhaps some special baking tools to help dip in the chocolate. Who knows! But they sure do taste yummy even if they look bad, right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I would love to agree that they taste yummy but I am on a diet so I did not eat any!! It was so hard too becuase red velvet cake with butter cream is my favorite cake!!! :)

    I am going to try again, but this time take them out of fridge one at a time to dip into chocolate. I need a better way to dip them though, that is when they started to fall apart!

    I will let you know if I figure it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete