I swear, I have been cooking. I just haven't posted a recipe in a while. Here is one that I made for the first time the other day. I was very surprised at how yummy it turned out. It is Manicotti made with onion and chives cream cheese, which I thought would not taste good at all. But it really works great and was so simple to make. Here's the recipe:
12 manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
8 ounces soft cream cheese with onion and chives
3 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook manicotti in a large pot of boiling water according to packaged directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Mix Mozzarella with cream cheese. Stuff manicotti with mixture and place in the prepared baking dish. Spoon marinara sauce over manicotti. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over manicotti. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan and bake 10 minutes longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment