
Last night in my cake class we frosted by learning to mix the frosting with different colors and we learned to decorate using starts and zigzag lines. There are 18 people in my class, and I am the ONLY person who did not bring a cake to decorate. WHY? Because I am on a diet and I knew I would eat it and the frosting, plus it has to come home with me!!! So instead the instructor said I could bring the cake pan and flip it over to use that as my "cake". That is exactly what I did and guess what....I couldn't eat it. Oh, did I mention EVERYONE else had to level their cake which left them with pieces of it....and they were ALL eating it!!! I am so glad I decorated a pan! Here is my first cake decorated pan. I used a flower cookie cutter and then used the star tip to fill it in, and then gave them stems. I am excited about it, and I know it will get better with time. But, at least now I have the basics to decorate a character cake!
Looks like Dave has some competition in the family! Great job!!
ReplyDelete