Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to life

Where on earth have we been? 2011 started off great with Kenny home for a few weeks. It was nice. I have not been posting because I have been so sick from morning sickness. I certainly did not see this kind of sickness coming when we found out we were expecting. At week 10 I was admitted into the hospital for dehydration and had to stay over night while they gave me fluids. It seemed to help me get some energy back but the sickness never went away, and still has not gone away! I WANT IT TO GO AWAY!! I am now in my 12th week and have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks. I have lost 8 pounds since being put on an all liquid diet, which is basically water, jello and chicken broth. I really miss eating and feel like I am starving to death all day long. I hope to be able to keep food down soon and get back to a somewhat normal life. I went to the doctor the other day and had an ultrasound. Here is a picture of our little one at 12 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa,
    So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I was just telling Jim at dinner that I bet you might have a bit of morning sickness since you haven't posted in so long and you are such an amazing multi-tasker.
    Hope you start feeling better soon, and of course a great big CONGRATULATIONS on the baby news!!!
    Take care, Casey Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start to feel better! Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete