Well I have been saying that I wanted to learn to use my sewing machine so late yesterday afternoon I pulled it out of the closet. It was the FIRST time I had ever used a sewing machine and I must say, at first I was a little frustrated, but after a while my mom and I just laughed it off and had a good time. I purchased an Apron Kit from JoAnn's so all of the material was there and pre cut. All I had to do was sew it together. And the best part is the package said it would only take an hour. HAHAHA! Well, not for me. It took me just an hour to figure out how to get the dang thread on the bobbin, then it got stuck half way through and again I had to figure out the bobbin...taking a total of 4 hours! And that wasnt it....I quit at 4 hours because it was late, so today I completed it... taking another 2 hours! That was a total of 6 hours....NOT ONE HOUR like the package said. I guess the more I use my machine and become familiar with it the easier it will be to whip through an apron. Anyway, it was a good time and it came out looking great! I am very proud of myself!!! GO MEL!!!!

Here is a picture of the Apron Kit

And here is the completed Apron
No comments:
Post a Comment