Sunday, December 12, 2010

MDO Cookie Exchange

Monday Kenny's school is having a mommy cookie exchange. They have requested we each bring 3 dozen cookies, the recipes and an empty container. I decided to make gingerbread cookies and whoopie pies. The Whoopie Pies came out pretty tasty and I was impressed with myself. I did have a little trouble with the gingerbread cookies, but only because of the baking pan I was using, which actually had shapes of gingerbread men. I of course could not get them to shape the right way. Oh well, they still taste yummy. Here's the Whoopie Pie picture and recipe I will be taking with me tomorrow. The Gingerbread cookie was out of a box (ok so I cheated on that one) Shhhhhh!


Brownies and Cream Sandwich Cookies
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 12 sandwich cookies
Ingredients
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix
1 large egg
2 tbsp water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 can Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
Baking Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended and soft dough forms. Drop by level measuring tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 ºF. for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set in center. Do not over bake. Cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before assembling.
Spread frosting on half the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie. Gently press together.

I crushed some candy canes and then rolled each cookie in it to complete it

1 comment: