Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Opening Day 2012
There was exciting news yesterday. Sugar Land City counsel approved the building of a Minor League Stadium here and it is estimated to open in the Spring of 2012. I am not a huge fan of baseball but it is nice to know there will be a place close to home to take Kenny as he grows up. Plus, it sure is a heck of a lot less money than going to see the Astros, who play like Minor League players!!! I think it is a great idea and will boost the Sugar Land economy. I am not setting expectations for the estimated opening day. We went through that growing up in Sugar Land when it came to the First Colony Mall. I remember the sign sitting on that land YEARS after the estimated opening day. It eventually opened....after I left for college! Hopefully this won't have the same fate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment