Thursday, April 15, 2010

Texas Bluebonnets and Rebels

This morning My little guy and I got up early and headed out on a mission. First, we stopped at the outlet mall to pick up a girlfriend and her son (same age as Kenny). Our mission.....To find a "picture" perfect patch of Bluebonnets and take pictures of the boys. Bluebonnet pictures are so pretty and something I have always loved to see each year. I had heard that because of the recent crazy weather and extended cold, that I would be lucky to find a full pasture of Bluebonnets. So as Jennifer and I headed down HWY 290 towards Austin, we realized that we did not have to go very far. In fact, we only went about 20 minutes down the road from the outlet mall (about an hour and half from home) and we came across a huge pasture covered in Bluebonnets...and surrounded by a locked fence and barb wire. But we didn't let that stop us, I mean after all we can climb a fence! Once we got across we got the boys set up to take pictures and of course, Kenny who always has a smile on his face......did not today! He was so upset everytime I put him down on the ground. I felt bad for him, but dang it I was getting my bluebonnet pictures. Even if he was crying!! So here are a few pictures from this morning. We will try again when we head to central texas for my brothers wedding in a few weeks.



Kenny trying to get my camera

Not sure why you have me sitting here mom

okay, I am over this

Still not going to smile!

trying to cross his arms

the pasture

We became rebels this morning and climbed over this locked fence on someone property


here is a picture of Gavin..who smiled for his mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment